Thursday, January 24, 2008

Quick WHAT?


Quicksilver off course! This is the must-have application: Every time I go to someone else's mac I try to start quicksilver, and if I dont see the nice grey bezel appearing on the screen I feel pretty lost.

Basically Quicksilver is a "Launcher": just hit CTRL+ SPACE (you can then change this key's combination), this small interface pops up, then start typing what you want: applications, folders, documents, bookmarks, contacts, scripts, ... select it with the arrows and hit ENTER and BUM! you have what you want. (first typing selcts the object: left pane, and if you hit TAB you can type-in the action)

And it's FREE (and even Opensource) ! There are a lot of things that you can do with that nice little piece of software, but I won't explain them all in this post, so keep posted and come back to see some new Quicksilver hints.

1 comment:

Quike said...

I love quicksilver! thanks Mat for introducing me to it. Nevertheless, I just read )http://lifehacker.com/software/exclusive-lifehacker-interview/quicksilvers-creator-on-the-future-of-qs-330548.php) that it's not going to be developed further in the future. :-(
A fantastic plugin for this plugin is Constellations (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXiy_0Ld54s).